AMA: Ask Martians Anything … Dr Phil Davies is Founder of The Martians and Director of Mars Register Ltd. He’s also a practicing medical doctor. He hosted a REDDIT AMA session (r/IAmA) on 9th December 2021 at 12 noon ET (5pm UTC)…a ‘tricky’ experience: CLICK HERE
PROOF OF IDENTITY
Twitter post announcing Phil’s AMA session on Reddit: CLICK HERE
Facebook post announcing Phil’s AMA session on Reddit: CLICK HERE
BBC: Documentary (2020)
Short documentary on Dr Davies and “The Martians” … CLICK HERE
ITV Good Morning: Interview (2020)
Dr Davies is interviewed on ITV’s GM show – with > 2 million viewers: CLICK HERE
New Yorker: Documentary (2017)
Radio documentary on Dr Davies and “The Martians” … CLICK HERE
The Times: two articles (2016 and 2020)
Tom Whipple has done two major pieces in the printed newspaper (also online): CLICK HERE
At first sight, a claim such as ours may resemble all the other greedy misleading claims to celestial land (moon and planets), whereby agencies are selling ‘fake-as-real’ deeds to the unsuspecting public.
- Our claim is one of possession (not yet ownership) and has been independently validated by the established legal experts. It is ultimately based on the persistent application of powerful lasers upon the geo-atmosphere of Mars (plus an associated, well developed, business strategy and governance plan). See HERE
- We issue (for free or a small fee) real claim certificates (not deeds… which are illegal) which certify possession and our intent to pursue legal rights of ownership.
- We started all this in 2010 to show the potential weakness of space law to the UN (UN-COPUOS) and hopefully jolt them into updating space law – not purely to accommodate our claim, but more importantly to strengthen the law against aggressive weaponization of space (especially the orbital space just above us). This uniquely constructed claim to possession of Martian land has afforded us with many media encounters (UK, EU, Australia and some US)… we have used each opportunity to highlight the weakening plight of the Outer Space Treaty (OST) and the growing risk of aggressive weaponization.
- We have been a thorn in the side of the UK Government (Foreign and Commonwealth Office, FCO) for nearly twelve years. We have pestered them every month with our two related concerns: the Mars Claim and the ‘Space Treaty Update’ Campaign. In order to raise further awareness of our relentless intent, we have tried to compel the UK Government to present our claim/campaign to the UN (UN-COPUOS). In doing this we have dragged them to the High Court, the Court of Appeal and then the European Court of Human Rights. Of course, we have not been able to compel them into action, but the process has enhanced our transparent credibility (especially in UK media). I should state that we fully covered the UK Government’s costs (we payed for it) – so as not to cost the UK taxpayer.
- Now, we can’t claim any influence on this, but… the UK Gov has finally done what we have been asking for … the UK delegation at the UN First Committee has (last month) had a resolution passed (with US and EU support) that will see a UN working group created to specifically look at arms control in space, maybe even that treaty we have been asking for.
- So, back to the claim itself. We understand that there are billions of dollars funding the best scientists, engineers and astronauts in an effort to develop our presence in space, hopefully with benefits coming back to Earth. It probably appears pathetic that we, using only Earth based lasers, think we can bypass all that brilliance and greedily grab some land on Mars with our grubby hands. The truth is we applaud and revere those amazing efforts, much of them coming from USA. If you look at our published business strategy, declaration of intent or the applications for land registration (sent to the UN), you will see that we propose an ethical, equitable yet pro-business solution to many of our current/future in-space challenges. I accept that might sound grandiose.
- Our strategy, if fully realized, is to strengthen our claim with a massive membership (>5 million), space-based lasers, and annual funding for STEM/Space-Studies scholarships (thus creating some of the future astronauts and ‘space settlers’). By the time that space law evolves to tolerate some celestial land/property rights we will have a much stronger claim of possession than the existing one. Expert lawyers have already stated in published docs that our claim should then be first in line for ownership… our members’ family descendants would then stand a good chance of gaining rights to vast areas of land on Mars (9-35SqKm each!). As part of our strategy, those rights will be to beneficial title… the legal title will go to the UN. See our published STRATEGY to discover how we have crafted an international, equitable yet pro-business distribution of these Mars land claims.
- We’ve invited independent expert legal scrutiny of our business practice and legal strategy. The published documents confirm the validity of our claim of possession and also the legality of our business activity. See HERE for the collection of these documents. The expert opinion does confirm that our factual possession of Mars cannot yet be converted to ownership (space law does not allow)… but if, as we all expect, the law moves in future towards tolerance of property rights, then we (more likely our family descendants in 50-100 years) should be ‘FIRST IN LINE’ for Martian land ownership.
Whilst it can be effectively argued that our self-confidence and aspirations are all a bit too grandiose for non-astronauts, any detailed scrutiny of our project here will see that we are motivated to seek peaceful and responsible space commerce which proves beneficial to Earth and all it’s people.
Most people to date have joined us for free, but we also now have a registered paid-for membership (claim certification) … this facility was used to pay for our repeated legal fees in our dance with the UK Gov through the High Courts. Overall to date, although able to ‘pay-our-way,’ we have not made a business profit … nor was it our intention to do so.
There are now >200,000 Martians.